This is my first blogger post for a few years. At one time I used it when I was exploring drawing and art and finding a direction. I have been intently focused on the visual side of things for a number of years, learning a set of skills around figurative art. Ideas have been somewhat neglected, although I collect info from the newspapers and from my general reading, as well as from other media such as social and screen.
I want to go into greater depth than is possible in the instant world of social media and I want to use text. I have a hunger for thinking.
I want to tease out some new thoughts.. I randomly collect articles about farming, rewilding, land use, and also politics, literature and the art world. Architecture has been a big preoccupation. I want to have a look through these articles and gather up a focus. I do not know where it will take me.
I love fashion and music and am always drawn to writings on these subjects Fashion is regarded as frivolous in the art world as I experienced it, but I will stand up for my personal reactions and say that it is important as a real form of self expression. But it needs a community who understands the language. Otherwise it has no meaning. Living in a rural situation there is absolutely no incentive to wear anything other than functional clothing. No one is going to see me!
Music is more important to more people. I am not a big listener but I love experimental music and jazz. Last week I went to an amazing concert in Edinburgh with Moses Boyd and his band.
Dance is wonderful too. Here is a link to an article about Wayne McGregor, dance and choreographer.
How will I go about this blog? Sometimes I will just write about what I am doing, but the main purpose is to review the information and from this build something new - new for me anyway.
So here goes and I look forward to this brand new project. It will be my journal of fascinating things.
Comments
Post a Comment